in reply to "ACLU"

this comes from someone i respect very much, i wanted to show this to everyone because he is right, you cannot lock yourself into an ideological prison.

"Dammit, stephen what are you morphing into? For someone who bitches so loudly at any bias toward the left, you display the most blatant hypocrisy of being biased yourself on the right, just as I’ve seen time and time again in your fellow republican’s lack of tolerance to any other ideas …..so what is your solution to this “problem” of having leftwing judges on the supreme court, having more right wing judges? If it were all Scalias would you be happy then?? I’m not too sure what you’re after, seems to be in my mind that we need people from both sides present to discuss and debate the various issues that come before them
I’m sorry but I do not want to live in a theocracy, if I recall correctly, America was started to get away from that very thing, we left a conservative, radical, religious-state driven gov’t, where people ruled by their interpretations of the bible…..no thanks, I’m glad we left that to come to a place where all ideas are on the table equally for discussion.
If I can quote a hero of mine, I think its really starting to pertain to you (in my humble opinion)

“Let us not suffer from the very clean and very well lit prison of one idea”
- g.k. Chesterton

(meaning, you’ve been to all corners of your idea, you can see all sides of your idea and know your idea well, but nevertheless it is merely ONE idea)
I love your mind Stephen, but please don’t fall prey to focusing on a person, political party, organization, denomination, etc…I think these are the places where progress stops and obstinacy begins….lets stick to ideas and issues….i’d much rather talk about civil liberties than the aclu, much rather discuss morality then the republican or demorcratic party…..all we end up doing is regurgitating the shit we heard from our various sources of information,…fox news, msnbc, drudge report, etc…I don’t think that’s too helpful to either one of us, in fact I think its rather boring and predictable…..we both know the party line retorts.
I guess I’m starting to sound like a universalist or pluralist, I don’t mean to, I believe in absolute truth….i just don’t believe in people, sad isn’t it"
-KG

THANK YOU SO MUCH KG FOR THE HONEST REPLY, WE ALL NEED TO BE BROUGHT BACK DOWN TO EARTH SOMETIMES, AND THE CHESTERTON QUOTE DID THE TRICK. BUT HONESTLY ON THIS PATICULAR ISSUE I MUST SAY THAT THE COURT SYSTEM IS NOT BALANCED! IF WE HAD 1/2 CONSERVATIVES AND 1/2 LIBERALS IN THE COURTS TODAY I WOULD BE SATISFIED, BUT THE COURT IS CLEARLY BIASED AT THIS CURRENT TIME. I WANT BALANCE, AND FEEL THAT CONSERVATIVES ARE GIVEN THE SAME VOICE AS THE LIBERAL COURT.
-ESTABAN

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mankind gives life to machine!

the six word memoir

BREAKING HEARTS AND TAKING NAMES. a failure of character revealed. (repair) (dismantle)