inspiration in the flesh.

first i want to apologize for the lapse of time between posts for the last month. currently i am in the studio here in seattle washington and i have not had a lot of free time to myself. so please forgive me.

i must say that there are very few people that have inspired me to sing, and the style in which i sing.
not in any paticular order the most influential are
1. jeff buckley
2. morrissey
3. john bunch
4. jeremy enigk
5. mic jagger
6. john lennon/

last night i had the opportunity to meet jeremy enigk. siezed with awe i froze. it wasn't that i was star struck but that i felt such psuedo-reverence for what he had achieved in his musical career. very few people have been able to foster an entire musical revolution like him. i don't know why i shared this. maybe because somehow i wanted to share something that made me hold my breath for a moment.
thats all.
-stephen

Comments

M. Shotliff said…
I've felt that "pseudo-reverence" of which you speak. And it's definitely a feeling worth sharing.
Anonymous said…
You are one of my inspirations Stephen!
Anonymous said…
I recall having the same moment when I met you for the first time.

It was amazing. For once you weren't just a voice on the other end of the stereo or the text I read on the computer screen. You were the words, living and breathing, that had inspired a girl to become something greater than herself. And I will never forget that moment.
Anonymous said…
soooo jealous! jeremy is pretty much top on my list of people i would love to meet. i was able to say 'good show' to him a few years ago after a SDRE show but that was it.
Story of a Girl said…
I think I'd feel the same if I met you ! And thank you for sharing who inspires you, and what inspires you as far as music and books.

Popular posts from this blog

mankind gives life to machine!

the six word memoir

BREAKING HEARTS AND TAKING NAMES. a failure of character revealed. (repair) (dismantle)