"Love at First Sight?
Love at first sight? What do you mean love at first sight? Do you mean the 6?4?
model I met at a dance club while I was on Spring Break? Do you mean the guy I
stayed up all night with on the cruise ship so that we could watch the sun rise? Do
you mean the summer fling that was ignited by Fourth of July fireworks? Or perhaps
the stranger who noticed me while I was waiting at the bus stop ? the one who came
and slipped his phone number into my hand and asked me to call him if I?d like to go
out for coffee sometime. Maybe it was the boy who rode my bus in 5th grade that
passed me a note asking if I would go out with him. Circle Yes No or Maybe. Maybe
it is the man in this story.

It is well past midnight. The others are probably wondering where we are, but I am
in no rush to leave. In fact, I wish this moment would never end because I know I?d
be happy staying in it forever. And I know you feel the same as you sit just above
and beside me gently strumming your guitar. The crashing of distant waves and the
crackling of the fire bring perfect harmony to the songs that you sing. The dune
enclosed around us bounces the light of the fire into your heart and into mine.
With my back against the log, I turn my eyes to the heavens and I see stars I?ve
never seen before. One shoots through the sky, but with this star I don?t make a
wish, because everything I want is true.

The fire begins to grow faint; only embers remain. So you strum the last strum and
tell me that we should probably head back. You pack up your guitar, sad to leave
this place behind, but I am still thankful for the walk that remains.

You lead me to the gulf?s edge with your guitar in one hand and mine in the other.
Careless words may ruin everything, so we choose to only allow are our hearts to
speak. Halfway back you set down your guitar and pick up my other hand. Our
fingers move about together while the moon shines in your eyes and connects with
mine. ?There?s something I want to tell you. . .? I wait expectantly, but not for
the words that follow. ?I have a girlfriend.?

I never wanted to learn how to play the guitar after that. I didn?t want to take
away its romance. But eventually I gave in and learned. And romance has been gone
ever since. "
m~

mam
that may be the best piece ever loaned to modesty. i had a smile across my face the entire time, and the "girlfriend" line completely caught me off guard. im sure it caught you off guard also. your right what is love at first sight? i personally call it lust at first sight since i think hormones play a bigger part than an instantaneous connection.
-estaban

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

mankind gives life to machine!

BREAKING HEARTS AND TAKING NAMES. a failure of character revealed. (repair) (dismantle)

the six word memoir